- Wednesday, 28 August 2013 08:37 Super User Hits: 2111
Today the world is growing rapidly and world heritage sites must be protected. Such efforts should not only cover buildings and historical sites, but also their environment, standards, know-how, cultures and atmosphere. There is a need to strike a balance between commercial needs and sustainable development in urban and peri-urban areas.
The Luang Prabang authorities have decided to develop a master plan of a buffer zone designed to measure the impact of new projects on the site. The buffer zone’s concept should serve as a screen to preserve an expanded site. Thus, for Luang Prabang, it comes to:
- Preserve landscapes: Preserving the richness offered by the incomparable view from the summit of Mount Phousi, located in the center of the city on the wooded mountains that surround the city.
- Preserve the banks of the river which are an essential part of the site of LuangPrabang, in direct relation to the protected area. Landscape of the river bank is the support of the intangible heritage of the city but also its traditional economic base...
The Zone of The Urban plan for Luang Prabang World Heritage for the period 2012-2017 has a total area of 12,563 ha. covering key major point in all 4 direction such as:
- At the northern: from benchmark 587m. of ChomHuat Mountain to benchmark 490m. of Nabua Village, to benchmark 395m. of Thapho Village, to benchmark 542m. of ChomNgua Village.
- At the southern: from benchmark 766m. of NongKhuay Mountain to benchmark 558m. of Xone Mountain, to benchmark 950m. of Suang Mountain.
- At the eastern: from the benchmark 950m. of Suang Mountain to benchmark 416m. of Luang Mountain across the Mekong River to the benchmark 587m. of ChomHuat Mountain ( the beginning point of the Northern point ).
- At the western: from the benchmark 542m. of ChomNgua Village to the benchmark 744m. of Vane Mountain straight to the benchmark 398m. of LakPait Village(Km8), to benchmark 744m. of NongKhuay Mountain.
Buffer Zone Devided 3 areas as follow:
1.1. Heritage Preservation Zone:
agrees to maintain as before in accordance with the decisions made by the meeting on the heritage protection and preservation.
1.2. The Buffer Zone comprised:
- RB1 Cords on MeKhong – Khan Rivers.Regulation.pdf252.24 KB07/03/2014, 15:19
- RB2 Cords on stream bank Huay Dong, Huay Chanh, Huay Hop.Regulation.pdf333.41 KB07/03/2014, 15:20
- RB3 Cords on stream HuayMood.Regulation.pdf282.98 KB07/03/2014, 15:20
- NA1 Rice fields.Regulation.pdf182.15 KB07/03/2014, 15:19
- NC Mountains and Forest.Regulation.pdf380.67 KB07/03/2014, 15:19
1.3. Urban settlement comprised:
- UA1 Ancient Villages at Luang Prabang District.Regulation.pdf624.74 KB07/03/2014, 15:20
- UA2 Ancient Villages at Chomphet District.Regulation.pdf669.65 KB07/03/2014, 15:20
- UB Urban area.Regulation.pdf712.04 KB07/03/2014, 15:21
- UC Suburban area.Regulation.pdf714.13 KB07/03/2014, 15:21
- UD Urban extension area.Regulation.pdf743.32 KB07/03/2014, 15:21
- UG Golf course area.Regulation.pdf708.53 KB07/03/2014, 15:21
- RB4 Along the Mekhong-Khan Rivers.Regulation.pdf498.71 KB07/03/2014, 15:20
- NA2 Surrounded rice field area.Regulation.pdf634.99 KB07/03/2014, 15:19