TEMPLE STYLE: LUANG PRABANG STYLE III
YEAR FOUNDED: UNKNOWN
BUILT BY: UNKNOWN
Vat Paphay, also known as the “monastery of the bamboo forest”, was built in a simple style with a single roof. The facade of the Viharn and the wall under the porch were covered with murals. The old paintings under the porch have been replaced by oil paintings, a pale imitation of the originals. All doors and windows are carved wood.
Vat Paphay in
Archeologists Louis Finot and Henri Parmentier believed that Vat Paphay was built during the reign of Suryvongsa in 1645. Luang Prabang historian Chao Khammanh Vongkot Rattana, on the other hand, estimates the construction around 1815 during the reign of King Anourut.